Terms & Conditions
By placing an order with Lightseid Ltd, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below:
- Lightseid Ltd will carry out work only once you have registered to become a member and have paid your membership fee and started your monthly subscription fee. A ‘membership’ is deemed to be a written contract between Lightseid Ltd and the member.
- Payment of the membership fee is required before work commences. The remainder is the monthly subscription SO WE CAN THEN gather user requirements, DECIDE ON the content to be used, the look and feel of your new website and prototyping your website during development. THIS WILL BE followed by an official sign off to go live where we point the new website to your domain. Once we have done this, we can then keep hosting and supporting your website. All payments are non-refundable. We aim to design and develop your website within 60 days ON THE PROVISO THAT all requirements for your website are provided to us.
- Websites created on the Wordpress are fully hosted by Lightseid Ltd through www.Inmotionhosting.com. If you cancel your subscription inside 2 years there will be a cancellation cost of your remaining monthly fee, and Lightseid Ltd will provide you with your website as a zip file to transfer the website to your new hosting provider. If you cancel your subscription after 3 years, there will be no additional charge. There will be an additional fee to migrate the website to your new hosting provider if you choose us to provide this service depending on the size of your website and any email accounts associated with it.
- Lightseid Ltd cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of either service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss.
- Once your site is live on your domain it is assumed that the project has been completed to your satisfaction. Any additional work can then be requested, either via one of our addons or by contacting us, where we decide on a case by case basis if adhoc content changes are needed depending on complexity and number of iterations per week.
- Should you choose the option of having administrative rights to your website where you have the ability to make changes to your own site and amend content; Lightseid Ltd does not accept responsibility for any changes that you make to your site.
- We require you to submit your own text and images for inclusion on your new website. All text should be divided into sections relevant to your page names and submitted by you in electronic format (pictures or word document in a zip file) via Wetransfer.com. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and Lightseid Ltd accepts no responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text or images used on your site.
- We may include plugins on your website to improve the overall user experience on your site. These include but are not limited to contact forms, image slideshows, videos and maps. As these are third party apps hosted by another supplier we cannot accept responsibility for any loss of service or malfunction that may occur. Each third party reserves the right to alter or remove their service and or charge fees if certain usage limits are reached. Members will be notified prior to such case and would be able to decide whether or not to continue with the service or to find an alternate provider.
- We reserve the right to include a screenshot of, and link to your completed website on our website and on any of our social media accounts.
- All sites can be viewed on laptops, PC’s, tablets and mobile devices running the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari.
- A .com or .co.uk etc domain name is not included in the initial price but as part of the Domain registration addon. All domain names will be registered in the clients name and as such the domain name belongs to the client, not to Lightseid Ltd. The domain will be registered for 1 year. The renewal is included as part of the monthly fee for the domain registration addon and will renew every year unless told otherwise. If the customer does not renew the services the domain will expire and will be available for general sale. No cash alternative is available for customers who purchase their own domain name.
- Lightseid Ltd excludes liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name as a result of a technical fault or any other fault caused by the hosting company or any third party.
- All sites are limited to a total of 1GB of data storage. Should you use more than 1GB of storage we will request for you to either pay an additional hosting fee or delete enough files to bring your total storage back down below 1GB.
- Website drafts will be created based on the design brief and information provided by the customer. If the design brief changes significantly after the first draft has been created a support charge for any additional work may be applied.
- If the monthly payment has not been received within 10 working days each month Lightseid Ltd reserves the right to cancel this agreement without notice. All design work carried out will be permanently deleted from our hosted design platform and no refund will be payable. Any domains or email accounts that may have been registered will also be cancelled and no refund will be payable.
- Due to external factors we cannot offer any guarantees regarding the search engine position we will achieve for websites. We cannot accept liability for any change in rankings, or drop off in the position of your website due to changes in the algorithms of the search engines or the factors that they use to rank websites.
- Lightseid Ltd reserves the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or controversial. We also reserve the right to refuse to handle any site found to be involved in any black hat search engine optimization techniques. Should any of these situations arise we reserve the right to terminate your web hosting service without notice and you would not be due a refund.
- We reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.